St Michael’s CE Aided Primary School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the
highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. We encourage an understanding
of the meaning and significance of faith, and promote Christian values within a multi-cultural and
multi-faith community through the experience we offer to all our children.
Our Aim is that we should be a vibrant school which inspires and enables learning and facilitates
Our Aim for all our children is that they should:
- Become motivated individuals with a love of life-long learning;
- Have high self-esteem, respecting others as well as themselves and the environment;
- Achieve their full potential;
- Be responsible, confident and independent as well as being team players with good collaborative skills;
- Have a sense of fair play, sound moral values and be globally aware;
- Be accepting of new challenges and seek to challenge themselves in mind, body and spirit.
To achieve these Aims we will endeavour to:
- Provide inspirational and creative teaching in a stimulating learning environment maximising current technological resources;
- Celebrate all our children’s achievements and reward positive choices;
- Ensure continuity and progression within the curriculum and continue to foster links with the schools our children come from and move on to;
- Have high expectations for learning and behaviour;
- Provide a variety of opportunities for developing global citizenship, including partnership with schools in other countries and opportunities for travel;
- Ensure an ethos founded on a Christian basis within a multi-cultural and multi-faith community;
- Ensure that all our children have the right to equal access and participation in all aspects of school life – intellectual, creative, physical and social – regardless of their race, gender, disability, ability, religion, national or social origin;
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment;
- Have an enriching programme of extra-curricular activities and visits, as well as promoting a healthy lifestyle;
- Continue to encourage and value parents’ and carers’ involvement, thereby creating a learning partnership with them and the community at large.
Recognising our historic foundation, we will preserve and develop our religious character in accordance with the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.