KS2 Teacher (Temporary, part-time, main or upper pay scale)
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled KS2 Teacher. This is a temporary, part-time position to cover maternity leave between September 2020 and Easter 2021. The position is for 3 days a week and will include a job-share. Applications from NQT’s as well as experienced teachers are welcome.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19 May 2020 (Noon)
Interview Date(s): Thursday 21 May 2020 (during school closure, interviews will be conducted virtually)
Salary Details: Main or Upper Pay Scale
Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we can offer you:
- A forward looking and supportive school
- A nurturing learning environment where all are respected and valued
- Caring, well behaved and motivated children
- A friendly, hardworking and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Very supportive parents and committed Governors
We are seeking candidates who are:
- Excellent classroom practitioners with the highest expectations
- Committed to the education and well-being of all the children in the school
- Able to work well as a member of a team, including sharing responsibilities for a class
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated
- Creative and reflective in their approach
- Eager to contribute to the wider life of the school
- Committed to the school community and supportive or our Christian ethos and values
During the school closure, you will not be able to visit our school, but please explore our website https://st-michaels-oxf.oxon.sch.uk/ and email the office to make an appointment if you would like to discuss the position with the head teacher: email@example.com. Please note that the school phones are not being manned regularly. Please read the job description.
You can use the application form to apply for this post and email it to the school office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also post your application, but please email us to confirm that you have done this. All applications should reach school by noon on Tuesday 19 May (noon). Please note that CVs will not be considered.
References are taken up for all school positions, so please ensure your referees are aware and that all contact information on the application form is correct.
St Michael’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
These posts are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975 because they are posts which involve working directly with children or young people. Applicants are required to declare any criminal convictions (or cautions or bind-overs) including those which are ‘spent’. The amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’ and are not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service website: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service.