Teaching Assistant (Permanent)
- Closing Date: Monday 4 December 2023 (12 noon)
- Job Start Date: As soon as possible
- Contract/Hours: 27.5 hours a week – 5 days a week – term time only
- Key Stage: Reception Class initially
- Salary Details: Grade 4 – starting salary £21,575 pro rata
- Location of Role: Based in School
- Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in Key Stage 1 initially. This is a permanent post. Please read the job description.
St Michael’s is a Church of England Aided Primary School in Marston, close to the centre of the city of Oxford, currently with 200+ children on roll. Our school is committed to creating an environment in which every member of our school community can thrive. A great strength of our school is the diversity of our community, something that we celebrate, while recognising that each of us is unique.
Our latest Ofsted inspection, in March 2022, says this about our school:
‘Pupils are bright, lively and eager to learn. They enjoy coming to this welcoming school because they feel safe, see their friends and love playing together in the spacious grounds. Pupils are kind to each other and are proud of their nurturing school. This is because relationships are prioritised at St Michael’s. The strong ethos and values are evident throughout all aspects of school life.’
What we can offer you:
- A forward looking and supportive school
- A nurturing learning environment where all are respected and valued
- Caring, well behaved and highly motivated children
- Opportunities for professional development
- Friendly, hardworking and enthusiastic staff
- Supportive parents, committed Governors and an active PTA
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Teaching Assistant, who:
- Has experience working with children in a classroom setting
- Is happy providing a range of learning support to children in Reception, but also across the school when necessary
- Has good English and maths skills and a willingness to learn
- Is committed to inclusion, equality of opportunity and the well-being of children
- Can work as part of a team of committed TAs and in collaboration with teaching staff
- Will commit to the school community and support our Christian ethos and values
Please come and visit our school, you can contact the office for an appointment: telephone 01865 241476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our school website address is: st-michaels-oxf.oxon.sch.uk.
Please use the application form to apply for this post and email it to the school office at: email@example.com.
You can also post your application or deliver it to the school office in person. All applications should reach school by noon on Monday 4 December. Please note that CVs will not be considered.
References are taken up for all school positions, so please ensure your referees are aware and that all contact information on the application form is correct.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All users are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.