Teaching Assistant (temporary in the first instance)
- Closing Date: Monday 17 May 2021 (12 noon)
- Interview Date: Wednesday 19 May
- Job Start Date: As soon as possible
- Contract/Hours: Temporary (27.5 hours a week – 5 days a week)
- Key Stage: KS1 initially
- Salary Details: Grade 4
- Hours of Work: Part Time, term time only
- Location of Role: Based in School
- Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
St Michael’s C of E Primary School is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in Key Stage 1. The post will be temporary initially, but may lead to a permanent position.
St Michael’s is a Church of England Aided Primary School located in Marston, close to the centre of Oxford. We are a small school with one class in each year group.
Our aim is to serve our community by providing a high quality and wide-ranging education within the context of Christian belief and practice. We are committed to creating an environment in which every member of the school can thrive. Our school Christian values of Love, Determination, Responsibility, Respect, Kindness, Friendship and Honesty are the foundation on which we build our community and guide our relationships with each other.
At St Michael’s we all work together to ensure that our school is a happy, calm and exciting place to learn. We are proud of our children’s very responsible, positive and caring attitudes to learning and school life. Our staff are dedicated to helping our children develop a lifelong love of learning so that they can fulfil their dreams and be the best that they can be.
St Michael’s was rated good in our last Ofsted inspection of February 2017.
What we can offer you:
- A forward looking and supportive school
- A nurturing learning environment where all are respected and valued
- Caring, well behaved and highly motivated children
- Friendly, hardworking and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Supportive parents, committed Governors and an active PTA.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Teaching Assistant, who:
- Has experience working with children in a classroom setting
- Is happy providing a range of learning support to children in Key Stage 1, but also across the school
- Has good English and maths skills and a willingness to learn
- Is committed to inclusion, equality of opportunity and the well-being of children
- Can work as part of a team of committed TAs and in collaboration with teaching staff
- Will commit to the school community and support our Christian ethos and values
You are welcome to visit our school. Please contact Judith Davies to make an appointment: telephone 01865 241476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the Job Description
Our school website address is: st-michaels-oxf.oxon.sch.uk.
Use the application form to apply for this post and email it to the school office at: email@example.com.
You can also post your application or deliver it to the school office in person. All applications should reach school by 12 noon on Monday 17 May. Please note that CVs will not be considered.
References are taken up for all school positions, so please ensure your referees are aware and that all contact information on the application form is correct.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All users are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.